Requests can be made by the following methods:
- Post - please include a SAE for return if required
- In person at the surgery - or place prescription request into external post box at Fox Hill Crescent entrance when surgery is closed.
- Internet via SystmOnline - you need to registere in person for this service closed.
- Certain Pharmacies are able to order on your behalf - please check with your usual pharmacy
Order Repeat Prescriptions online with SystmOnline
To use the SystmOnline service you must have a username and password. If you do not have a username and password you must first complete a registration form and return it to our reception staff. For security reasons this must be done in person.
THE MAXIMUM WAIT FOR REPEAT PRESCRIPTIONS IS 48 HOURS – EXCLUDING WEEKENDS & BANK HOLIDAYS
When you need a repeat prescription, please:
- Register for internet ordering (ask at reception)
- Keep the right hand side of your old prescription, tick the required items and bring, or post your request to the surgery. This enables us to deal with your request quickly and accurately.
- Avoid requests on pieces of paper, as this can lead to mistakes.
- If you would like us to post your prescription, please be sure to make this clear every time and kindly supply a stamped address envelope.
Overusing medication is dangerous. Hoarding medication is also dangerous. Any unwanted medication should be returned to the chemist.
Ask us about synchronising your repeat medication.
Repeat Dispensing for up to 12 months
We batch issue your prescriptions and you collect your medication from chosen pharmacy (For patients on stable medication) Ask a member of the team about this.
Electronic Prescription Service
The practice is now able to send your repeat prescription electronically to a pharmacy of your choice. Before we are able to do this you will need to contact your chosen pharmacy and ask them to create a nomination, which will then allow us to send prescriptions through to them electronically. This will save you collecting your paper prescription from the surgery.
Patients on repeat medication will be asked to see a doctor, nurse practitioner or practice nurse at least once a year to review these regular medications and notification should appear on your repeat slip.
Please ensure that you book an appropriate appointment to avoid unnecessary delays to further prescriptions.